If the fans intrigued by me haven’t picked up on the fact that I’m a little bit of a nerd yet, then my ASSets must have distracted you. I’m all about reading and I haven’t gotten into eBooks or books on audio just yet. Honestly, I just had to stop myself from saying “books on tape;” I just prefer to sit down with hot coffee, a blanket, and a great page-turner. Knowing that a significant percent of the general population doesn’t do this saddens me. I mean, I was the kid that was EXCITED on book fair day because I got to bring home a collection of new books! So here are the 5 books I’m currently reading or have read lately:
- “Gone Girl” by Gillian Flynn – This book is a psychological thriller that takes a peek into the darker side of marriage. It contains plot twists that will keep you on edge throughout the entire book and is full of a lot of razor sharp wit (I found myself laughing out loud in airports).
- “Unthink” by Erik Wahl – The writer of this book is a graffiti artist and corporate thought leader. Pretty cool job titles! Although more importantly this book teaches the reader to revert back to a child like state of wonder and imagination. It teaches the reader to the explorer, inventor, and artists we all naturally were powered by wonder when we were all children. Here’s a great book trailer: Unthink
- “Orange is the New Black” by Piper Kerman – Yes, this is the book that inspired the Netflix original series which is equally phenomenal and worth checking out. Essentially, the story told by herself covers how her past caught up to this suburban housewife as her secret ex girlfriend was a drug runner that lands her in prison years later.
- “You Get So Alone At Times It Just Makes Sense” by Charles Bukowski – I’ve always been a huge fan of his writings just on the basis that they’re about every day things and very raw emotions. I read this over and over!
- “Liespotting: Proven Techniques to Detect Deception” by Pamela Meyer – If the title doesn’t say exactly what this is about then I don’t know what to tell you. I will say that my fascination with human behavior never ends and this is one of my current behavioral psych reads (there’s always one)
So I’ll end with my favorite piece of advice lately: When in doubt…. Read a book. If you’re not currently reading one…START!
Follow ME on Twitter!!!