Today I’m playing the game “if you were stuck on a desert island and…” Todays theme is music. Richard and I go back and forth on music all the time. He’s a little…old school. My music is too noisy and crazy for his fragile genius ears. Although, I do have to say he has fucking amazing taste for his…umm…era haha.
So bullshit aside here are the top ten albums I would kidnap with me to the island. These are in no particular order. Let me know if you’ve heard any of these!
- Brand New – ALL ALBUMS: okay truly this is one of my all time favorite bands. Its not fair to make me pick just one and I absolutely refuse. They have in your face catty lyrics, and are musically brilliant. Angry or going through a bad break up? Please use their albums as therapy or just to rock the fuck out.
- Gotye – Making Mirrors: I just got this album and I’m so in love. They have killer lyrics, mellow mood, and every song is a little different. This is one even Richard can enjoy, and I think it would be our perfect beach album!
- Anberlin – Never Take Friendship Personal: The title says it all, and its brilliant. Don’t be fooled by this band usually being grouped in as a Christian band because they are far from it
- Bassnectar – Divergent Spectrum: Just about every day in the shower I shake my ass to this album. You cant help but stand up and jump around. I began my love for electronic on this hard hitting bass DJ
- Deadmau5 – 4×4=12: This is one of his more known releases, but I still can’t help getting happy and excited every time its on. Plus, he did a song to cthulhu, one of my favorite mythical creates ever!
- Die Antwoord – Ten$ion: This videos are sick, beats hot, and I fink you freeky and I like you a lot! They’re from South Africa and have a whole new feel to their electronic rap sound called ZEF.
- Lykki Le – Youth Novels: She’s got a soulful voice and upbeat melodies. Even when she sings about the saddest things she makes my heart jump. I have the biggest crush ever on this singer and she has so much talent so young. PS she’s also Swedish.
- Nirvana – Nevermind: How can you not love them? I’m sorry I can’t trust a person who doesn’t jam out to grunge. Come as you are, as you were, as I want you to be bitches ;)
- Marilyn Manson – Lest We Forget: This has all of my favorite songs from Manson. He’s dark and offensive just like me :D
- Skrillex – Bangarang: OMFG this gets my blood pumping! Dubstep isn’t for everyone but this is truly one of the best releases in its genre. Plus a mash up with the remaining members of the DOORS?! So good.
If you’re unfamiliar with any of these I highly recommend checking them out. Tell me what you think! If I’ve missed anything, trust me, Richard will have it. I could go on for days with music.